YTL Community, May 9, 2012
YTL Communications won the Bronze award at the Global CSR Awards 2012 for Product Excellence. The Sustainability Division of YTL Corporation Bhd made this submission on behalf of The YTL Group and YTL Communications.
Thirteen companies from China, India, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore were recognised for their outstanding corporate social responsibility initiatives programs and services at the 4th Annual Global CSR Awards 2012 held in conjunction with The Global CSR 2012 Summit held on 19th April 2012 at the Shangri-La hotel, Boracay, Philippines, one of the world's top beach destinations. The competition has been the most intense this year with over 80 submissions from various companies around the world.
The event, dubbed Asia's Most Prestigious Recognition Awards programme for Corporate Social Responsibility, recognises and honours companies for outstanding, innovative and world-class products, services, projects and programmes implemented in 2011/2012. These projects demonstrate the company's leadership, sincerity and on-going commitment in incorporating ethical values, compliance with legal requirements, and respect for individuals, communities and the environment in the way they do business.
The Product Excellence Award has been given to companies that have created products that have brought alive positive impact to societies while contributing positively to the organiser's bottom line. An in-depth search and selection process has been conducted for the Awards comprising the generation of entries, initial screening, comments by advisors and final judging.
YTL Group's commitment to continuously support the sustainability and awareness for environmental issues have been awarded since 2006.
1. YTL Corporation - Corporate Platinum Award at the Community Chest Awards 2011
2. YTL Corporation - Silver Award for "CSR Leadership" at the Global CSR Awards 2011
3. YTL Cement - Bronze Award for "Best Product Excellence" at the Global CSR Awards 2011
4. Wessex Water - Two Green Apple Awards 2011 for "Catchment Management" and "Waste Reduction and Recycling"
5. PowerSeraya - "MERIT" Award at Singapore Environmental Achievement Awards 2011
6. YTL Corporation, Starhill Global REIT & ORBA receive "Special Award for the Best Party" at World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Earth Hour Singapore 2011 Participation Awards
7. YTL-SV Carbon - Award for "Best Carbon Markets Brokerages, Asia" at the World Finance Carbon Market Awards 2011
8. YTL Corporation Berhad - "Green Energy Company of the Year" at Frost & Sullivan 2010 Malaysia Excellence Awards - Research conducted by Frost & Sullivan Energy & Power Supplies Research team
9. Syarikat Pembenaan Yeoh Tiong Lay (SPYTL) Sdn. Bhd. - "Building Construction Contracting Company of the Year" at Frost & Sullivan 2010 Malaysia Green Excellence Awards - Research conducted by Frost & Sullivan Environmental & Building Technologies Research team
10. YTL Corporation Berhad - Bronze Award for "CSR Leadership Excellence" at the Global CSR Awards 2010
11. YTL Corporation Berhad - Shortlisted for ACCA Malaysia Sustainability Reporting Awards (MaSRA) 2010
12. YTL Corporation Berhad - Silver Award for "CSR Leadership Excellence" at the Global CSR Awards 2009
13. YTL Corporation Berhad - Shortlisted for ACCA Malaysia Sustainability Reporting Awards (MaSRA) 2009
14. Starhill Global REIT - "Award for the Best Engagement Activities" at World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Earth Hour Singapore 2009 Participation Awards
15. YTL Corporation Berhad - "Commendation for Social Reporting" at the ACCA Malaysia Environmental and Social Reporting Awards (MESRA) 2007.
16. YTL Corporation Berhad - "Best Social Reporting in an Annual Report" at the ACCA Malaysia Environmental and Social Reporting Awards (MESRA) 2006
Results at http://globalcsr2012.tpgi.org/