At YTL, we integrate environmental sustainability into our strategy and core business decisions that protect and improve the natural environment for future generations by;
- protecting and conserving terrestrial and marine biodiversity and ecosystems.
- reducing greenhouse gas emissions through energy efficiency and renewable energy towards a low carbon economy.
- managing waste streams including responsible disposal, harnessing waste to energy, anaerobic digestion and the 5Rs – Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose and Recycle whilst optimising resource efficiency towards a circular economy.
- prioritising sustainable water use and efficiency.
- using sustainable materials and minimizing negative impacts on the environment in manufacturing, construction and property development.
Read our Sustainability Report to learn more about Protection of the Environment.
Biodiversity and Conservation
Extinction or loss of species are rapidly happening in an alarming rate at the expense of human development. Recognising the need to preserve and conserve the existing biodiversity, YTL is dedicated to integrating biodiversity in our sustainable development strategies as well as partnering with leading non-governmental groups to help us address issues that we may not have the expertise, skills or resources to manage on our own.
With the recent ratification of Paris Agreement, climate change is undeniably one of the top global challenges that requires concerted international efforts. As a conglomerate with operations in power generation, cement production and construction, YTL understands that our business activities can have direct and indirect environmental impacts. For that, YTL is committed to continually improve our understanding of the full environmental impacts of our operations whilst finding ways to reduce our carbon footprint across our operations by minimising our energy usage, improving efficiency and opting for more renewable energy alternatives.
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
As one of the key regional players in the power generation sector, YTL is committed to pursuing green practices and steadily increasing renewable energy technologies and usage across our diversified operations as part of our efforts in minimising the impact of our emissions to our customers and communities.
Waste Management and Resource Efficiency
We place a strong focus on the importance of resource efficiency at all our business units. All resource use is carefully planned, efficiently utilised and processed to optimise output levels. We also continuously look for ways to reduce unnecessary consumption and waste, ultimately aiming for zero waste to landfill and towards a circular economy.